A Physiotherapy service with the specific objective of keeping employees in work or returning to work at the earliest opportunity.
Who uses this service?
Due to the effectiveness of successfully rehabilitating employees we currently provide this service to a wide range of companies including Greater Manchester Fire Service, North West Ambulance Service, Manchester City Council, Akcros Chemicals, Co-operative Group and Robinsons Unicorn Brewery to name just a few.
Did you know?
After 6 months of being off work because of back pain there is a 50% chance of not returning to work which increases to 75% at one year. To prevent musculoskeletal injuries from causing absenteeism we provide a “rapid response” physiotherapy service which is second to none.
Our physiotherapy service aims to:
- Prevent sickness absence due to musculoskeletal disorders
- Manage and resolve sickness absence due to musculoskeletal disorders
- Provide a cost effective service (Research shows that for every pound spent on vocational rehabilitation, twelve pound is saved)
- Reduce expenditure on special investigation, invasive procedures and consultants
- Provide evidence-based treatment including “hands on” techniques appropriate to the individual’s presentation
- Address maladaptive psychological and behavioural problems
- Encourage self-management and active coping skills
- Implement strategies to enable the injured individual to return to work
- Provide immediate information on work capability
- Reduce the overall cost of claims
How does this service work?
- Staff suffering from musculoskeletal injuries can be rapidly referred to us without needing to see their GP.
- The employee will be offered an appointment for assessment and treatment within 48 HOURS of referral.
- Employees can choose from any of our clinics within Greater Manchester and Merseyside.
- Employees will undergo a thorough assessment with one of our highly trained and experienced therapists.
- Within 24 hours a comprehensive report will be sent outlining appropriate prognosis, recommendations, work related restrictions and treatment plans.