Leave a reply →
- Jo Fawcett qualified with a First Class BSc Honours Degree in Physiotherapy from The University of Salford in 2002. On graduation she commenced full time work within the NHS before joining the team at Metro Physio in 2004.
- Jo is a state registered Physiotherapist, being a member of the Health Professions Council and Chartered Society of Physiotherapists. She has completed her Acupuncture training which is accredited by the Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists, as well as achieving a Diploma in Orthopaedic Medicine and Injection Therapy making her qualified to administer Corticosteroid injections.
- Jo plays an active role in her continuing professional development by being a member of ACPOMIT (Association for Chartered Physiotherapists with an interest in Orthopaedic Medicine), enabling her to keep up to date with relevant advances. She also the leads in-service training programme within the company and attends external training courses relevant to her musculoskeletal background. Jo is currently undergoing a MSc in Trauma and Orthopaedics at The University of Salford.
- Outside of Metro Physio, Jo works as an Extended Scope Practitioner within the Orthopaedic clinics in the NHS with a special interest in knees and shoulders.
- Previous to this Jo trained in most aspects of dance, and over the years has taught, choreographed and performed in dance troops involved in sporting events.