Leave a reply →
- Ed originally qualified with a BSc (Hons) Degree in Sports Rehabilitation from University of Salford in 2003. Whilst completing his studies at Salford, Ed played competitive basketball for the University, as well as volunteering with the Manchester Giants and Manchester Magic Basketball Teams. Once completing his studies, Ed took on the role as club therapist for the Manchester Magic, which he continued until 2011. Since September 2012, Ed has worked as the Team Physiotherapist for the Manchester Giants, after they reformed following their 10 year absence.
- In 2008, Ed was appointed the Team Therapist for the Manchester Amputee Football team and travelled with the team to Russia for the World Amputee Football Championships. The Following year, Ed travelled to Macedonia with Great Britain U20 Women’s Basketball Team for the European Championships
- For the past 7 years, Ed has also worked as a private practitioner in Manchester and Bolton, gaining a wealth of experience treating injuries from Racquet Sports, Running, Triathlons and Swimming, at elite and amateur level.
- As well as treating a wide range of sports injuries, Ed has gained a wealth of experience in treating Whiplash, Various Spinal Problems and occupational health related injuries.
- In 2011, Ed completed his Postgraduate training in Physiotherapy from the University of Huddersfield, allowing him to become a registered Physiotherapist and Member of the Health Professions council.